Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A CITIZEN WHO PAYS TAX - NOW.

EMPLOYED. Yeah, I have now my own company ID, my own desk, my own techie wide – flat screen PC set and a designation that’s unknown to most of my law school contemporaries, my friends and relatives as well. I’m a VISA ADMINISTRATION OFFICER of STUDY CONNECT INTERNATIONAL, one of the consultancies that are sprouting all over the Philippines these days. How I ended up with this position was completely unexpected. This came as part of my random acts after getting fed up with the employment processes of my uber-loved government offices.
I was honored to be given the chance to be interviewed by one of the Court of Appeals Justices, yet, I totally screwed it up since I showed up with a surgical steel growing in my nose. ( Im pretty sure Mom will be mad to know this) I had my nose pierced as an early birthday gift and as part of liberation thing from the September Mania last October 15,2009. The surgical steel should not be removed for two weeks. The interview was scheduled on the 21st. So Justice must have been shocked and eventually decided that he can’t be working with a punk in his chamber. I know it must be the nose pierce. I was not given the chance to take the exam. It would have been easier for me to accept that I was rejected because I did not pass the exam. . 
Too bad, I don’t have the white, black , or rainbow-brite colored HORSE that would help me acquire a position in any of the other government offices that need somebody with exactly the same qualifications that I actually have. I have my civil service professional eligibility. I am a public administration graduate. I have my MBA units and the LLB. But still, I was not good enough.
I submitted my resume at the Presidential Management Staff who had just let my application sits at the reception center for weeks and was only forwarded to the office of Hon. Esperon after quite a few numbers of follow-ups and never ending phone transfers. It has always been like that, Im used to it. It is a BUREAU- CRAZY indeed.
Since I badly need work, I updated my online applications and got few interview invites from different companies. Most of them were in Makati. After two weeks of processing, self-assessments, weighing of consequences, perks and benefits, the call for practicality made me decide to accept the work that I have now. :)

3 comments:

  1. Sweet, so sorry to hear about your interview with the CA Justice. yup, sounds nakakafrustrate nga hehe. anywys, you're still lucky because you already have a job. good things will come soon. tyaga-tyaga na lng muna. that's what we all do. love your blog btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doreen! Glad to see you here. I hope you'll enjoy my nonsense, lol. Keep reading and please do share your thoughts. Beso!

    ReplyDelete
  3. r u kidding me?these are not nonsense hehe.natumpak mo ang common experiences of young people like us. hugs, good luck always! some fancy job title that u have =)

    ReplyDelete

Of Being A Fan

“I know I have within myself... a side of solitude. I think people who know me can see, but people who just meet me can't because I'...