Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's not over...


Imagine.

Days of curfew,
Months of repressions,
Years of tyranny,
A Decade or so of confinement

Imagine.

Military supremacy,
Death tolls and disappearances
Cronyism, if not poverty
Hunger and fear in every faces.

Imagine.

Liberty, incomparable power
Filipinos united in the streets
Protected by roses and prayers,
Hear the voice of democracy, at its best.

Live.

For you are free, unrestricted
Wage war if needed,
If attempt to sovereignty is taken
Don’t let this nation be forsaken

Live.

For this undertaking;
Bury the evils of autocracy forever
Condemn solons of deceptions
Don’t let another dictator take over.

Live.

For you are FILIPINOS
The people worth dying for
Stand up, be grateful and proud
For the air you breathe is the air of freedom.


Thank you Tita Cory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of Being A Fan

“I know I have within myself... a side of solitude. I think people who know me can see, but people who just meet me can't because I'...